A Market Assistance Program (MAP) has been developed as a result of the Arkansas Earthquake Authority Act of 1999. The MAP is designed to assist consumers who are unable to find residential earthquake insurance through traditional sources. Additional information is available by calling 1-800-852-5494.

For Insureds looking to purchase coverage

Why do I need earthquake coverage? Most standard homeowners policies do not cover earthquake damage. Like flood insurance, it usually must be purchased separately.

Does my homeowners policy cover earthquake? It depends on your policy. Contact the agent that sold you the policy and ask them to clarify. Your company must tell you if it does not offer earthquake coverage and provide you with information on how to obtain coverage through the MAP.

Where do I get earthquake coverage through the MAP? The MAP is available to any practicing insurance agent who is licensed in the state of Arkansas although he or she may not be aware of it. Begin by contacting the agent that sold you your homeowners policy.

What if my agent doesn't want to participate? Call Argenia, LLC at 1-800-482-5968 and they will help you find an agent in your area that is willing to help.