Steps to be used in forming a captive insurance company in Arkansas:
- Call or email the Arkansas Insurance Department to arrange a meeting and/or conference call with our Finance Division to discuss your proposed captive and obtain initial information.
- Submit organizational documents to the Insurance Department for approval by the Commissioner. Once approved by the Commissioner, submit the documents to the Arkansas Secretary of State office, along with appropriate fees.
- Submit application for licensure to the Department. Submit two complete applications and attachments to: Arkansas Insurance Department, Finance Division, 1 Commerce Way, Little Rock AR 72202- 2087. Include a $200.00 application fee payable to the Arkansas Insurance Department Trust Fund.
- Once the application is approved by the Department, a Certificate of Authority Issuance fee of $300.00 will be requested.
- Provide information regarding the captive management firm, actuary and certified public accountant.
Contacts for Captives
Deputy Commissioner of Financial Regulation/Audit
Arkansas Insurance Department
1 Commerce Way
Little Rock, AR 72202-2087