AID Earns Data Governance Honor
First-time entrant earns highest rank for state government agency
LITTLE ROCK – Arkansas Insurance Commissioner Allen Kerr today released the following statement announcing that the Arkansas Insurance Department earned third place in the 2018 Data Governance Professionals Organization (DGPO) Data Governance Best Practice Awards:
“I am proud to congratulate the members of the Department’s Regulatory Health Link Division on earning the third place award in the emerging discipline of data governance. Thanks to their hard work, our Department has been able to achieve success in a difficult regulatory area with minimal resources compared with the other winners.”
DGPO announced that business information and data analytics firm Dun & Bradstreet, Inc., had been awarded the first place prize for 2018, while the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation—known as Freddie Mac—took second.
The award is given to the practitioners within a non-vendor organization in recognition of the business value and technical excellence they have achieved in the design and implementation of an outstanding data governance program. Each submission is judged on responses to the following:
- Business need(s) being addressed
- Approach used to design, develop and implement the program
- Scope and depth of the Data Governance Program as well as program longevity
- Data governance defined roles and responsibilities
- Communications and marketing approaches
- Policies, procedures and processes established
- Program metrics and business value provided
For a printer-friendly version of this document, click here.