Kerr: “Medicare Open Enrollment should be on your to-do list.”
LITTLE ROCK – Arkansas Insurance Commissioner Allen Kerr today released the following statement reminding Arkansans that Medicare Open Enrollment begins on October 15, 2016:
“If you’re an Arkansas senior, making sure to participate in Medicare Open Enrollment should be on your to-do list. We are just days away from October 15, and I encourage all Arkansans on Medicare to take this opportunity to make the best decision for their health plans and prescription drug coverage for 2017. And, if you need assistance, our SHIIP staff is ready to help!”
During the open enrollment period, Medicare-eligible Arkansans can:
- Change from Original Medicare to a Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Change from a Medicare Advantage Plan back to Original Medicare.
- Switch from one Medicare Advantage Plan to another Medicare Advantage Plan.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn't offer drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage.
- Switch from a Medicare Advantage Plan that offers drug coverage to a Medicare Advantage Plan that doesn't offer drug coverage.
- Join a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan.
- Switch from one Medicare drug plan to another Medicare drug plan.
- Drop your Medicare prescription drug coverage completely.
“It’s worth it to take the time to review and compare Medicare options,” Kerr added.
The Medicare Open Enrollment period runs through December 7, 2016. For further information, Arkansans can visit AID’s Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) at http://Insurance.Arkansas.gov/shiip.htm or call us at 800-224-6330.