Captive Insurance Companies - Submit application to the Finance Division.
- Rule 73- Reporting and Licensing Requirements. This document contains the application and instructions for licensing a Captive.
- Arkansas Captive Law
- Licensing Requirements - (AR Code Ann. Sec. 23-63-1602)
- Capital Requirements - (AR Code Ann. Sec. 23-63-1604)
- Surplus Requirements - (AR Code Ann. Sec. 23-63-1605)
- Incorporation Requirements - (AR Code Ann. Sec. 23-63-1606)
- Annual Report of Financial Condition - (AR Code Ann. Sec. 23-63-1607)
Please refer to LexisNexis for easy access to law for captives.
Captive Insurance Companies - Rule and Regulation 73 s 18 - Application fees
The fees required for filing an application for authority to conduct insurance business are as follows:
(1) Filing and review of each application $200
(2) License, when issued $300
(3) Annual License Renewal $300
(4) Actuary review of application Equal to cost to the Department
All fees imposed pursuant to this Rule and Regulation shall be due and payable to the "State Insurance Department Trust Fund" and shall be payable by company check, personal, certified or cashier's checks, cash or money orders.
Questions Concerning Laws & Regulations-Legal Division, 501-371-2820
Other Helpful Links:
NAIC: The National System of State Regulation and Captive Insurance http://www.naic.org/cipr_topics/topic_captives.htm