New Licenses

Funeral Establishment Type A or B  Instructions     License Application 

Type C (Crematory) Instructions  for establishment  Crematorium Construction Code  Permit Application  License Application 

Type D (Transport) Instructions  for establishment   License Application

Request for Reinspection Form

Ownership Forms

Notification of Ownership Change

Ownership Change Form

License renewal period is from November 1st through December 31st. 

All renewals, either filed electronically or by paper, not received by December 31st will be assessed a $50.00 per quarter, per license penalty.  Renew Online Licensees will need their individual five (5) digit Board ID No. to renew online.

Manager Acceptance form 

Manager Change form

Embalmer Agreement

Establishments Type A or B must submit the certificate of liability insurance as stated below.
Establishments Type D must also submit a certificate of liability insurance coverage as stated below-minimum coverage $500,000.00

  • A Certificate of Liability Insurance coverage with the Arkansas State Board of Embalmers & Funeral Directors, Cemeteries, and Burial Services listed as a certificate holder
  • Have insurance providers list all locations covered in the description area. If not received with renewal form, it will be returned.
  • If this results in the renewal being late, a late fee will be applied.
  • Transports need the language (Transportation of the Human Dead) in the description area.

Out of State Licensure

  Instructions   AR State Background Check   Application  Certification Page Only

Burial Board Agent Application

Continuing Education

Continuing Education Requirements

You must report 6 hours in order to renew.  You may carry over 3 hours for next year

Continuing Education Exemptions

Licensees are exempt in the year in which they are licensed.  If you are inactive, you are exempt.  If you are sixty-five (65) years of age and have had a license for twenty (20) consecutive years, you are exempt.  If you live out of state and do not practice in the State of Arkansas, you are exempt.  Please indicate which exemption you are claiming by writing it on the renewal form, or you can send a letter attached to the renewal form.

Ill or Disabled Exemptions from Continuing Education

If you are seriously ill or disabled, the Board must be notified and provided with proper documentation from your personal physician.  This documentation must be returned with your renewal.  The Board will review such exemption requests on a case-by-case, year-by-year basis.  You may not claim this exemption if you are working.

Individuals please email CE certificates if not they were not listed on your renewal form.

Request Form for approval of accreditation for Continuing Education

CE Programs Approved 2021

Change of Address