Counselor Information Center
AR SHIIP program would not be able to serve the Medicare beneficiaries of Arkansas if it were not for the coordinators and counselors that we have across the state.
In an effort to reach the Medicare beneficiary at the local level, we have 50 Sponsoring Organizations statewide. Each of these organizations chooses a person who becomes the AR SHIIP coordinator. They are considered critical in their level effectiveness and efficiencies for the operations of the AR SHIIP program. Without them, very little would be accomplished. They are at the community level connecting with all 75 counties across Arkansas. They are who we focus our training on and help so that they may be better prepared to assist the Medicare beneficiaries whom they see daily.
However, there are several things that our volunteer and partner Counselors are NOT, and it is important that individuals understand this.
- They do NOT offer advice, or any information that could be construed as legal advice.
- They are NOT affiliated with the insurance industry.
- They are NOT a financial planner.
- They do NOT sell, recommend, or endorse any specific insurance product, agent, insurance company or health maintenance organization.
- They are NOT going to make any decisions for the beneficiary. They will show the beneficiaries their options, so the beneficiary may make a more informed decision.
- What does AR SHIIP Offer
- What is AR SHIIP Counselor Training
- AR SHIIP Counselor Initial Training
- Pre-Training Instructions
- AR SHIIP Medicare Pre-Training Courses
- Registration and use of State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) Technical Assistance (TA)
- Counselor Annual Update Training
- Frequently Used Counselor Procedures
- How to use STARS (SHIP Tracking and Reporting System)
- Requesting a Unique ID