The mission of the Senior Health Insurance Information Program (SHIIP) is to help Arkansans save money and make informed decisions about Medicare. SHIIP counsels Medicare beneficiaries and caregivers about Medicare, MEDIGAP policies, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D (drug plans) and Long-term care insurance.
Certified and trained Medicare Beneficiary Advisors provide free and unbiased information regarding Medicare health care products, helping recipients to save thousands of dollars annually on Medicare premiums and co-pays. Recruiting and training volunteers throughout the state to assist Medicare Beneficiaries is another part of SHIIP's mission. SHIIP staff and trained volunteers are available for group and community event presentations.
- Find certified SHIIP Partners in Arkansas - location Map
- New Medicare Cards for Arkansas - Update on New Medicare Cards 2018
- Important Dates to Remember - Open Enrollment
- 2018 Quarterly Newsletter - Information and upcoming events
- SHIIP Volunteer Program - Opportunities to assist senior citizens and those with disabilities on topics related to health insurance
- 2018 Medicare Savings Program - Information on programs to help Arkansans save money
- 2018 Original Medicare Premiums, Deductibles & Coinsurance
- 2018 Medicare Basic Toolkit for State and Public School Retirees - Medicare Guide for State and Public School Employees
- 2018 Bridging the Gap - Medicare Supplemental plans and companies licensed to sell in Arkansas
- American Sign Language (ASL) - Medicare Basics
- Arkansas Long-Term Care Partnership
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Division of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS) - Services to promote health, safety and independence of older Arkansans